Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268
Computer

I cannot register my mums Kindle Fire HD7 - she has an amazon

I cannot register my mums... Show More
I cannot register my mums Kindle Fire HD7 - she has an amazon account and I can see her profile on my PC but on trying to register it says that the information does not match - prior to this I was getting a network error yet I have an excellent wireless connection.
Category: Computer
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.
,
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • Then try registering the Kindle again and let me know please.
  • .

.

.

.

.

.

*Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance and we will continue working on your issue.
    *Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    *Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

No still says that the info is wrong yet I have logged out and back in using the same info to her account on my laptop

Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago.
okay, try this next please> On your kindle, go to Home>Menu>Settings>Menu>Reset to Factory Defaults. Then try again please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Ok I have done that and it is resetting now - will let you know asap if its worked

okay, sounds good.
Let me knw if you need anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Its not worked¬¬ aghhhhhh I can actually log into amazon online with the same details - what now?

okay, see you can register the kindle online via your amazon account on the computer.

To do so, click here: Manage Your Kindle

Sign in to your account if prompted, then on the left side of the page, click on the Register a Kindle link.l

p0llinate :

It will ask you to name the kindle and then you'll need to enter the serial number of the kindle.

You can find the serial number from the kindle menu. Go to settings, then Device Info, and you'll see the serial number listed.

Once you register it online, after connecting kindle to wifi, go to settings then Sync and it will complete the registration on it's own.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but there is no option that says 'register a kindle' or a link

okay, is the kindle connected to wifi?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Yes and I can surf the net - I am actually logged into the amazon account on it! Just cannot get it registered

okay, From your Kindle:
  1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Registration.
  3. What is listed here. or what happens when you enter the email?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Ok I am not sure what you mean by 'menu'

I can get to the home

Swipe down from the top to settings

Selecting my account - to register Fire

When I put in all the info I get the following -

Registration error - the information you have entered does not match an amazon account. Please try again visit www.amazon.com/devicesupport

Which I have done - many times

I see no place online to 'register' the device as you mentioned earlier - just goes round and round in a loop to manage devices and then says I have nothing registered - which I know - it would make sense to have a 'register' button there wouldn't it?

okay, there must be a problem within the kindle network. call this number and verify your account info please>1(###) ###-####