Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have been using my husband's email address since he died

Customer Question

I have been using my husband's email address since he died 18 months ago. I was given a samsung tablet and hoped to receive emails through that while I was abroad. A friend tried to help but only succeeded in coming out of that and now I cannot send or receive emails from my computer. I do not know the password ***** husband used. Please can you help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email service is being used? eg: Yahoo, Gmail, Btinternet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought it was plusnet

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Eleanor
What we need to do is reset the password ***** you can use this new password.
Please click on my link below and follow the process to complete the reset of your password
http://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/
Once done, use this new password ***** sign in.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Let me know the results please
Thanks,