Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an RMTD259 HDD recorder. I was deleting some programmes

I have an RMTD259 HDD recorder. I was deleting some programmes when I got a message that the disk was corrupted. I tried Repair Disk as instructed, but nothing happened - I even left it hours. I disconnected it and unplugged the power cable, left it days and tried again. Still nothing, and all my recordings are gone. Help, please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is the player working at all now? And it only complains the hard disk is corrupted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is on and did allow me to pick repair disk again, but now it won't. The light on the box is flashing quite fast. It's no use without access to the hard disk.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Correct without the disk it is useless.
But the disk has crashed Patricia, its a hardware fault on the disk itself, which is why the disk repair could not complete and why its flashing (indicates this failure).
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the recorder to have the disk replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But you can't solve it until the disk is replaced.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.