Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My Officejet Pro L7590 will not print although there ia a printing

My Officejet Pro L7590 will not print although there ia a printing msg i9n the window
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out .
How is it connected to the computer? What version of windows or mac is on the computer? When is the last time that it worked properly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wired connection. Used last yesterday. Have just fitted new magenta and yellow cartridges

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Before anything else please disconnect and reconnect both ends of the USB cable then let me know if anything changes.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer says Yellow cartridge has expired! Not possible: it is brand new.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It is possible if it is defective, compatible/generic, or a refill. Do you still have the old cartridge? You could test with that to find out . Hopefully it is just a defective cartridges other what you are saying would be an extremely bad sign.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not a refill but printer now says . Service required because cartridge was used after its expiration . Have just shut down moments to see if that works

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it a compatible/generic rather than genuine HP? That can cause this as well. Can you test with the old cartridge in case if this is an HP cartridge it is defective?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change .Where can I get the printer derviced?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happens when you try the old ink cartridges? Is it a compatible/generic rather than genuine HP? Any technician can work on this however whether or not it will cost more to repair or replace depends on what's wrong which we should try and figure out now. It also depends on whether or not you still have a warranty. Is it over a year old? If it is did you get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cartridge is genuine HP.

Printer now says "service or repairs required becuse cartridge was used after expiration"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happens when you try the old ink cartridges? Is it over a year old? If it is did you get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not over 6-7 months old. Purchased from HP website.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happens when you try the old ink cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Same msg re expiration.

Where can I get printer repaired/serviced ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if you get the same thing with the old cartridges it usually means you have a failing carriage assembly. Call this number: 0845(###) ###-####Let them know everything we have done and usually they will send out a replacement to you. If there are any local authorized service centrers they should let you know as well. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.