Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have had a Galaxy Fame last 9 months - everything

I have had a Galaxy Fame last 9 months - everything was working well until 2 months ago when all of a sudden my phone disconnected itself from my home internet (until then every thing was fine) now when i retry to connect to the home internet i get a message connected and a message appears on the phone connected to and cites my internet details but then it immediately disconnects me - i put my my Sim card into a friends phone, connected to the internet and everything was okay - so I surmise my problem is with the phone. Can you help? If I have to do anything you will have to use idiot jargon - thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you go to Settings, Wifi please.
Tap on your wireless network in the list and tap Forget.
Then restart the phone and go to Settings, Wifi and try to connect to your wireless network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I go to settings, then wifi, tap on my network I don.t get the option just asking me internet password

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this means it was not connected Linda
If you enter in your password wireless network, what then happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don.t ask me what happened but I eventually got the chance to pick forget which i did and then followed the rest of you instructions but again when I type in the password ***** get the message obtaining IP address, then authenticating, then connected but i also get a message across my phone saying connected to and my network details the minute i get this message i am disconnected

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Linda.
Can you remove the power from your wireless router and power off the phone.
Wait 5 minutes.
Then power on the wireless router and wait 5 minutes
Then power on the phone and now try to connect to the wireless network like you just did.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did exactly as you said but got the same result - do you think the fault is with the phone? as I said I put my sim into a friends phone and it connected to my internet no problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We have one last thing to rule out Linda and thats the firmware.
This is going to remove all data (contacts, photos ect) from the phone and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided.
To do the reset, go to Settings, then choose Backup and Reset >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Device >> Erase everything.
Let this complete, then setup the phone like when you first received it and try to connect.
Let me know the results please Linda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Richard everything seems okay

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard reset. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard could I possibly ask you one more question I have tried to transfer apps on to my sd card but don't know what do do - friends say that when you go into the apps it should say move to sd card but apparently not on the fame

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, not all apps can be transferred to the SD card Linda, it depends on how the programmer made it.
Go to Settings, Applications Manager.
Press on an App and if you see Move to SD then press it and it is then moved to the SD card.
If you do not see this, it cannot be done App.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry