Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a samsung n130. My user profile has failed to load but

I have a samsung n130. My user profile has failed to load but I can access the guest account. I want to restore the system so that I can access my user profile. I have forgotten my admin password ***** this has stopped me from doing anything to sort out the problem. Help!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, .
I can help you with this.
First, can you turn off the computer
turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Choose Safe Mode.
This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed ).
Once in, click Start, and type in
System Restore
Press enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point.
Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will need to log off to do this .How do I contact you once I have tried?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please return to this web page Chris and post a message, like you are doing now and we can then continue.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have managed to restore and now have access to my profile. The answer you gave me only partially worked. Once I pressed F8 repeatedly and entered safe mode it immediately ran through system32 commands and then put me into my account ,in safe mode. from there I restored through help menu.

Don't know my admin password ***** I will now set up another admin user and remember the password!!

Chris

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good to hear Chris, though strange reaction from the computer
It means there was corruption in the system files as well, which is why it went through the commands
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.