Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Youview digibox not working properly. OK on Freeview, etc.

Youview digibox not working properly. OK on Freeview, etc. Records OK but won't play back. I know it records, in a while I can get a programme to play back, but, most times, the programme's content, etc., comes up, only to leave a blank screen when I press play. Problem developed about a week ago
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First step please
remove the power from the box and wait 10 minutes
Plug the power back in, turn it on, then try to play a recording
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Gave it the 10 mins. off. At switch on, tried one of my recorded programmes and it worked. Then tried some of the others - no success. Went back to the one which did work, tried again - no result. Surely a faulty digibox?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, a faulty hard drive sorry, this confirms it
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the box to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.