Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Put my kindle on charge this morning, looked as usual, cane

Put my kindle on charge this morning, looked as usual, cane touse it later and .... nothing, tried to put back on charge but no ,,, nothing, can't charge, won't switch on, please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, tried that - nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Connect the charger and wait 10 minutes.
Then repeat my initial instructions as it may now be accepting a charge, and just needs to charge a bit before starting.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, will do, ..... no, nothing doing at all

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted Jules.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. This confirms the problem
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Warranty has got to have expired by now, so no joy on that score, many thanks Richard, guess I will have to buy a new one..... kindest ..... Jules

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Jules about that.
If you want anything else, let me know and please do the service rating.