John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

while watching small videos with sound my sound started to

while watching small videos with sound my sound started to break up and finally stopped working. I am running windows 7.I have Realtec sound program and it has been great. but now I have no sound on games or windows on the key board, and the program vanished from my list. I have reinstalled it but it is still kaput. When I try to run a test to check my system it tells me to stop. I cannot tell if it is a program error or a hardware problem. I am quiet old and am not a wiz on computers or software I just use them. Any suggestions. Peter Clawson.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you

John :

Thank Sir the chat.please provide the following details so that I can help you better
Which is the make and model of the PC?

John :

When you play audio files in windows media play does the sound works?
Which is the web browser you are using is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other?

Customer:

it is intel twin core built privatley

Customer:

internet exp

John :

Is it using on-board sound or did you add a sound card ?

Customer:

soud is deadin allfoems

Customer:

no

John :

OK so its using the on board sound,do you know the model of the motherboard in the system or do you have the drivers disc motherboard ?

Customer:

I am using sound softwear witch I Have reainstalled

Customer:

sorry I new Iwoul not have all would need to hand

John :

That's OK i believe you re-installed it from the motherboard drivers disc am i correct?

John :

Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC?

Customer:

I did a trouble shoot annpd found it and it realoded ok

John :

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

yes you may

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3125c5c9-8643-43ad-990a-7a3feb245f1f that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know.Do not close this main justanswer chat page.

John :

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it

Customer:

great person a pleasure to work with.

John :

Glad to know that and Glad to work with you too