Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I forgot my log in password

Customer Question

I forgot my log in password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

What exactly did you forget your log in password *****? Is it your email account or something else?

Please be as specific as you can so I can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To my email account

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok and which type of email accounts is it? Can you please type the email address that you need to have access to and do not type the @ symbol.

Type it like this someoneATsomething.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXXX

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. In that case you are going to need to go through a password *****

Please read through them once before you try so you understand.

Go to the following link to begin the recovery.

https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1.

Enter the account you need access to, type the characters in the distorted image, and click the link at the bottom of the following page to verify your identity.

First if you set up a phone number on the account you have the option to have a code texted to you so you can regain access and reset the password. You may also have the option of having a link sent to an alternate email account to reset.

If you do not have access to any recovery options then you will need to fill out a form to confirm the account is yours before you will be allowed to reset the password.

Below are the questions you will be asked on that form and how best to answer them.

Then you need to answer these questions,

When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (take your best guess)

When did you create your Google Account? (take your best guess try and get at least the year correct)

Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (name as many as you can)

Name of up to four labels or folders in your gmail account (name as many as you can)

Select up to 4 other Google products you use with this account, and the approximate date you started using them. These could be things like youtube or google plus.

What is most important is you do not guess. You need to provide as much correct info as you can. So if you do not know something skip it but try not to skip everything or they will not let you in.

Take time to fill out each section of the form to the best of your ability. It was designed to ensure that no one can gain access to your account except you.

If you cannot remember the exact dates of you started using gmail or the last time you used it take your best guess.

Since Google doesn't collect a lot of information about you when you sign up for an account, they will ask you questions like when you created your account, what Google services you use, and who you email frequently.

If you fill out the recovery form and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply before you submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently.

You may need to go through this a couple of times. Fill in the information the best you can and try not to leave too much blank. The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. If you fail 3 or 4 times in a row you will be shown an option to have a representative call you to help more.

If you think this is too difficult and would like me to connect to your computer and do it for you click the get extra help button. I cannot promise that I can get you back in because a lot of it depends on your knowledge of the account so if you cannot provide that there is no way to confirm. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you have follow up questions.

Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I see you declined my offer for remote support. Just so you know you can still as follow up questions and if you choose can still take me up on my offer.

All options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

I had a look and show that this account was deleted. When was the last time you were able to access it, also did you by chance delete it?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

When you are satisfied with my guidance make sure to click a smiley face and choose submit to finish.

Thanks,
Chris