Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

purchased my kindle fire Jan 2014 10 minutes ago went to switch

Customer Question

purchased my kindle fire Jan 2014 10 minutes ago went to switch on just a black screen, put it on to charge, did not think it needed it,the sound it made was as if i was i was closing it down of power.Anthea
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This sounds like the firmware on the kindle glitched, this happens sometimes and is not a cause for alarm however we will need to try and force a reboot then the kindle will function normally again. Please follow these steps on your kindle> press and hold the power switch for 30 seconds. Then release and allow the kindle to reboot.
.
.
.
Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.
After the issue is resolved please take a moment to rate my service.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still no sign of life

okay, it may be a little stubborn. Lets try these steps please>
Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 45 seconds.
After 45 seconds, release the power button.
Wait a couple of minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
Then power on your Kindle.
If that does not work try this next please>
Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
Then while the kindle is still plugged in press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 45 seconds.
If that does not work try this next please> Connect the USB cable to your computer but leave it disconnected from the kindle.
Then hold the Power button for 20 seconds.

After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry i have tried most of these but still no joy, i can not connect usb cable to to computer as not one supplied. Anthea

okay, how long has it been on charge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 30 mins but did not think it wanted charging when i last used it yesterday.

okay, try charging for an hour. Then if it does not power on it will need to be replaced.
The warranty should take care of this for you. You can sign in to your replacement kindle and all of your books will be restored. In the meantime you can read your books on your computer or smart phone using the kindle for pc app.
If the kindle does not power on in an hour contact warranty dept at : 1-888-280-4364
Experience: Computer specialist
sorry, I gave you the U.S number. here is the U.K number>
Freephone (within the UK):
0800(###) ###-####br/> International: +44(###) ###-####- charges may apply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now spoken to the Freephone (within the uk) and they are sending me a refurbished Kindle for price i agreed as my kindle was just out of my guarantee.Will i still be charged the £28 that i was asked for as you were not able to solve my problem.

Justanswer has a 100 % satisfaction guarantee.