Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

i can not remember my pass word emails

i can not remember my pass word for my emails
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Can you please confirm for me who your email provider is, is it yahoo, hotmail, aol, gmail or someone else?

Also are you using an email program like outlook or windows mail OR are you checking your email with a web browser such as internet explorer?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using Hotmail.co.uk

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you tried the password ***** yet? If so what were the results?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did not know how to do it

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Here is what you need to do. Please read through the instructions before trying them so you understand what needs to be done.

Go to the following page:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Select the I forgot my password ***** and click next.

Then enter your email address and the squiggly letters you are shown and click next.

On the next page you will be shown your options to confirm that this is your account. These can vary depending on if you kept your security details up to date. You may have the option of having a link sent to an alternate email account or a code sent to your mobile phone.

Choose one of the options to verify that this is your account and once you verify you will be able to create a new password.

If you think this is too difficult and would like me to connect to your computer and do it for you click the get extra help button. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you have follow up questions.

Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I see you declined my offer for remote support. Just so you know you can still as follow up questions and if you choose can still take me up on my offer.

All options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

When you are satisfied with my guidance make sure to click a smiley face and choose submit to finish.

Thanks,
Chris