Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Have just put in details to activate, email address and password

Customer Question

Have just put in details to activate, email address and password ***** keeps saying either email or password ***** but the are the ones I chose, so won't activate, what do I do now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
can you tell me please exactly what you are trying to activate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi! Just bought new printer, am trying to add printer to laptop, Problem one wanted to do it wirelessly but that doesn't seem to work, so tried to add with lead that works for the initial stage 1 and 2 but then says I need to activate and register, registration completed, but says cannot activate using the email address and password ***** I have chosen as invalid. , currently laptop connected to router with eethernet cable also to printer. any ideas, also tried to print doc from word said it could find printer, checked that printer was ticked as default printer which it is now. still no luck.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, skip the registration Heather, it is optional and not needed.
Then restart the computer and tell me if you can now print to it please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry downloads but then won't open , so I shall sort this out on my own tomorrow, we have a shop near us. so please refund the remote fee. Thankyou. Heather. ( Had enough for today)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Heather, please email***@******.*** and they can do this for you
(that's customer service department)