Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

, i have a samsung activ s , if i try to update or

hello ,
i have a samsung activ s ,
if i try to update or down load an app , i get a request to fill in my name , date of birth & Country ,
the date of birth and country have adrop down arrow to select the date,
as soon as i try to use the dropdown arrow for the date or the country each panel greys over & wont work
any ideas
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Where are you trying to download the app from? The Google Play Store, Samsung Hub or a website?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi richard , im trying to download from the samsung store , ive tried to download updates to the phone with the same problem

Ian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian
You say you have the samsung activ s but there are a few of these devices eg: TV, Smartphone (Android / Windows)
Can you tell me the device you have please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard its a windows phone

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, make your account here via the computer
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/
Then sign in with this account on the phone and you wont need to go through this process.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

ive tried to create an account , got the entire form filled in but the zip code will allow only 4 digits !!

my post code like most people has 6 digits ive tried every sequence , cant submit the form & create an account , im stuck !!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its not important anyway for the postcode (they never send anything), just make one with 4 digits, as this is never going to be used.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

any other soloution would be welcome , ive got past the zip code then endless questions but i cant register im afraid , think the whole thing is designed for people in the states

im ready to give up ,

let me know if you have any other ideas

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you want to use the samsung services (you can just use the microsoft app store) then you have to register and yeah it is catered more to the US.
But after you get past the Zip code, what stops you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive registered , but cant register the phone , there is no phone like mine on the product list & the model number seems to be meaningless,

theres a list of amrerican providers to chose from , its all just mad im afraid im getting no where fast

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, just choose anything, in effect choose any option to just get your through this.
Its a pain, but Samsung and Microsoft really stuffed up on this which is why Samsung teamed with Google and Microsoft with Nokia.
But just choose anything to get through the registration.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok , ive registered a completely random phone and im apparently now residing in Guam !

But ive registered a serial number and its accepted it

ok so im trying to down load an update to the phone , screen has gone fade and its never ending downloading , its not asking for any thing but just downloading , im not at all confident

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its quite large, so give it up to 25 minutes, if it still is downloading, restart the phone and try again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do ,

might be tomorow !

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem
Lett me know how it goes please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard , sorry to tell you i afraid i still have no joy with my phone ,

i seem to have an account at samsung hq in uk but if i attempt to go to the apps store on my phone its still requesting my detaills before i down load any app , this when the date of birth & country , this seems to be a micro soft page ,

do i need so set up a microsoft account somewhere ?

Ian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
When you set up the phone it asks you to enter in a Microsoft account, did you do that Ian?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dont remember Richard ,

dont recall , so probably not

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, make one here please
https://signup.live.com
Let me know when you have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard ,

ok i have signed in to both samsung & microsoft , its not going well , visited both stores , cant down load any apps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You replied

14 February 2015 04:56 EST

Hi Richard ,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Whats the error you now get when trying to download apps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dont worry any more , i took the phone into the local telecoms shop where i have a contract , i left it with them for the morning yesterday , got it back and its all working !

aparently they have reloaded the software & updated it ,

Thank you any way

KR

Ian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian
We were working towards a reload, it must have been completly corrupted as you would normally not have as many issue as we had.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.