Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have aol mail and have had years. This e mail will

I have aol mail and have had for many years. This e mail will now not send a mail to any more than one recipient, that is whether they are entered in the main addressee box or as CC or BCC. How can this be fixed?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What happens when you try to email more then one recipient?
What error do you receive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no error message at all. It looks as if all has gone smoothly - until I check the email in my sent box and see it has only gone to one person

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me which email program you are using Maurice?
Or you use AOL via your web browser?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is AOL and it opens when I click onto Safari. The occasions I need to send to more than one recipient are all related to voluntary work for a children's charity so I cannot commit more expenditure I'm afraid.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats no problem, we continue here Maurice.
There is no block though to stop it sending to multiple addresses.
When you specify additional addresses do these people receive the email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't think they do. I mailed about 250 and none responded where I would normally have had loads. And some have told me they have not had an e mail from me for ages.

It does seem to be OK if I use an address list so I might have a work around - but that seems a waste as the list will change with every posting. I hold peoples' details on Excel and cut and paste from there - and have done for years

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is going to be the way it cuts and pastes I believe.
I want to see what you do on your computer and I won't charge you extra,
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done

5 1 8 3 8 6 6 4 6

8 4 4 3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry