Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My basic Kindle - 2013 - is no longer receiving the books I've

My basic Kindle - 2013 - is no longer receiving the books I've ordered though they are 'available for download now'. Any advice, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if the books now download.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not yet - shall I try again?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes please, and if nothing, tell me if the Kindle is connected to the wireless network please Joan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No luck!

Joan

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Is the Kindle indicating it is connected to the wireless network Joan?
And what is the model of the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
It hasn't solved my problem
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Joan,
You missed my questions.
And what is the model of the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry - how do I know the model of the Kindle? It was the basic model in 2012.

Joan

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Look on it for any numbers or letters Joan and tell me this please.
Or describe it eg: has a keyboard, is color screen, touch screen or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see any numbers or letters - except 'Kindle' on the back. Screen is b&w, no touch screen, just keyboard.

j

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see any numbers or letters - except 'Kindle' on the back. Screen is b&w, no touch screen, just keyboard. It is connected to wireless network, and has been every time I've tried to download.

j

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you open the Store, do you see books there you can purchase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm told I'm not connected but I've no idea why -sorry I must have been mistaken before - wi-fi is always switched on. I'm now lost and must have forgotten how to connect after 3 years.If you tell me and it works I'll give you an excellent rating and myself a poor one

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
its no problem Joan!
Follow the steps here to connect to wifi
Click me to view
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure if you got my email but will say your advice was excellent - and I'm stupid. Age related!

Many thanks.

Joan

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Just got this message, your not stupid Joan, your just not a Kindle expert, im sure there are a ton of things your better then me at!
It was just the wifi was switched off, easy to overlook.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry