Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

OK CS511 dn--my printer is showing " Service Call 231 Error:03 What

OK CS511 dn--my printer is showing
" Service Call 231 Error:03
What do I do--can i get printer to work ahead of Service ? Who do I contact for Service ?
Hugh Chapman 07921 985 457
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First we see Hugh if we can avoid the service and get it fixed here with a few procedures.
First, remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn on the printer and tell me if you still get the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. You've told me to do what I routinely do except with my Oki Printer which is very reliable, quite new and not prone to random errors or messages. What worries me is that this my recur and we have not fixed the problem.How do we address that issue ?

BTW it now says order C Toner--if I only print in black do I need to do this

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is not common, and its not hardware related, just the firmware that crashed, like a computer, it needs to be restarted every so often, I recommend once a week.
It is not going to be a reoccuring issue, but if it gives you any problems, you just let me know here, this is not an issue.
I would hold off on ordering the Toner till you see a quality issue in the prints, gives you the most value fr your money from the Toner.
Good thats its resolved, If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok--but if it recurs (and is not fixed by the on/off trick) I don't want to pay twice--how is this achieved?

Subject to that I am happy with your help--thank you.

BTW I have a huge problem with my BT e mail account where since switching to the new BT e mail in October it has been awful and very slow and I keep getting surcharged for excess broadband useage (over 20 gigs) when all I do is e mail. Are you an expert here or do you have one? If so I might send yiu a new inquiry--do you ever use phone or do House calls?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You don't pay twice, you just post a message here and it comes to me. It is nearly always just the firmware crashing, which we resolve by restarting the printer, but if you see it again, let me know here, just like you do now.
I can also call for problem resolvement, though something like that its probably better I cannot to your computer and check it out for you.
I am an expert in this (computers, printers, phones, network, devices)
You can make the question on the link I provide below. And please remember to rate me here on this answer so I an compenstated
This is the link to make a new question to me
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok all for now. When I get time I will send you details of my BT e mail issue as a new Question.

That's all for now--thanks for your help

best