Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I bought a i phone 4 present, but it is still lock to

Customer Question

I bought a i phone 4 for a present, but it is still lock to the previous owner. Ebay will not accept my password ***** so I can`t get in touch with previous owner, I badly need help, without the phone is useless.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

You can reset the iphone 4 to factory defaults which will erase all previous user data and reset the phone to new condition

Michelle :

please follow the below steps

Michelle :

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.

2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.

3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

Michelle :

1. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.

2. Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try above steps again.

Michelle :

let me know if you face any difficulty

Michelle :

please click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered; else let me know if you have any questions

Michelle :

thanks for choosing just answer

JACUSTOMER-m1g6mgb1- :

It won`t power down.

Michelle :

Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and “Home” button at the same time. Don’t release either button until you see the Apple logo appear on your screen about 10 seconds later, indicating a restart.