Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I HAVE RECENTLY ACQUIRED A KINDLE FIRE HD & AND NEED HELP.

I HAVE RECENTLY ACQUIRED A KINDLE FIRE HD & AND NEED HELP. I WANT TO GET LARG£R TEXT ON THE USER GUIDE> PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCDURE
K BARRETT
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, tap the page to display the Options bar at the top, and then tap the Settings button (the one with a capital and lowercase A) in the top-left corner of the screen. The options shown appear:
Font Size: Tap a particular font sample to change the size.
Increase this and it will make the text larger.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I have followed your instructions , clicked on settings and then exposed the screen but was not able to find the samll and Big A which should allow the text to be enlarged. Can youu please advise further,

K R Barrett

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you watch this film please. the last part shows you how to increase the text size
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7Qo9iX6iA
This may be easier for you.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or I can call you on the telephone.
Calling can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for calling and should you accept I will call and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Calling is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want me to call, click get extra help. If not simply reply to me with the results of my instructions.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How did you go with the film Richard?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

I am vision impaird.

I followed your instrutions. Igetas far as settings and when I expose the screen I get a number of symbols but none show the small (a) and Big {A) and so I cannot enlarge the text.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Explain please exactly the symbols you get
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Symbolsare:

Auto-Rotate, Brightness, Wireless, Quite Time, Mayday, Settings

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, tap Settings
then tap Accessibility, then turn on 'Screen Magnifier'.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Acessability,Screen magnifier, Tap screen but this dose not seem to enlarge the text

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will Richard as this is to magnify the text.
Enable it, then go to a book and tap the screen and you will see it expand
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try to get it working now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have follwed your instructions. Settings, Acseeality, Text Format. Click three times. Should I click on this document or the User Guide Text Docuemt

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You do it in a book please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I finally have some success in that I can enlarge the USER GUIDE text but I can only get 3 Times enlargement . Is this the maximum I can get?

Thank you for all your assistance.

K R Barrett

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Great!
Yes, this is the maximum that it can be enlarged to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been very satisfied with Richards service