Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an HP Photosmart printer model no. 5520. It will no

I have an HP Photosmart printer model no. 5520. It will no longer respond to the Print command. I cannot find a reason why this should be so
Please can you help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the version of windows you are using please and when this problem started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8.1

I last used the printer as normal on Sunday 15th Feb.

On Monday it would no longer print

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Audrey
It is likely windows has suffered corruption so we start by undoing this.
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working, so before the 15th
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
Then try to print
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 5 4 7 7 4 3 8 4 1

Password 4 7 1 9

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I have run it Audrey, try to print when it has restarted and tell me if you can no print please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to print.

I have another computer, which does not respond to the printer. Will I have to System Restore that one as well?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To check Audrey
Both computers do not print?
Including the one we just restored?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have decided not to go ahead with this process as I find it difficult to understand, and would prefer to have an IT specialist who will come to the house. I have already arranged for this to be done. Thank you for your help. Audrey XXXXXXX

Please confirm that you have received this information. Thank you.