Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my kindle fire HDX does not startup. it keeps restarting itself

my kindle fire HDX does not startup. it keeps restarting itself and when the screen does appear it shuts down again without enableing the screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the fire is not conected to the power supply and i've tried holding the power button for 40 seconds as in the help & it had no effect

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ray
If you connect it to the computer, does the computer detect it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it does not connect to the computer it uses Wi-fi for games & apps

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I understand, but I want you please to try to connect it to the computer to see if the computer can detect and communicate with it.
Can you do this please Ray?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only connection on the fire is for chargeing & i have connected to my pc & the kindle said it connected to a low power supply

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the charging is also for data, and this tells use he problem.
As it says says low power supply it means the mainboard in the Kindle is not functioning correctly. This is caused when the chipset on the mainboard has faulted which is the case for your Kindle sorry Ray.
You are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, but it needs to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.