cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

my husband and I both have kindles that today will not download

my husband and I both have kindles that today will not download the Telegraph. Yesterday we upgraded to fibre broadband. We have a strong signal indicated but can not get anything from Amazon - tried to buy a book also. We have had kindles since they first came to UK and never had this problem HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.
cvd4311 :

Try this:

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, after that release power button, wait a few minutes then turn your kindle back on. Then try to download the telegraph. If that doesn't work then plug your kindle into a power socket, after a few minutes press and hold power button for 30 seconds while still in charger. Have the kindle reboot then try to download the telegraph again.

Keep me posted but please do not RATE until you are completely satisfied.

cvd4311 :

Also did the telegraph work before you upgraded your broadband?

Customer:

tried your suggestions no change

Customer:

yes we had Telegraph before broadband change

cvd4311 :

okay so when you upgraded your broadband it interfered with your kindle device. Did you try to connect to another wifi?

Customer:

no we do not have another

cvd4311 :

can you read anything off of amazon (sample book etc) without downloaded it and if so is it legible?

Customer:

no the book will not open

cvd4311 :

will any books or just that one?

cvd4311 :

and which kindle do you have?

Customer:

the books on my device open but nothing from kindle store

cvd4311 :

Have you tried this: Select "view" on your kindle next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks and let it check for any wifi?

cvd4311 :

which kindle do you have?

Customer:

only our home wi-fi is listed - we live out in the country so no neighbours.

Customer:

it the paper lite

cvd4311 :

have you tried resetting your modem/router? Even though it has a strong signal it might have bypassed your kindle. try resetting that first then go back toyour

cvd4311 :

your kindle and pick up the wifi

cvd4311 :

sorry typing to fast

Customer:

ok

cvd4311 :

If that does not work and let you into amazon you might have to reset it to factory settings and then register your kindle again. You will not loose any books.

1. From Home, tap the Menu menu icon
icon, and then tap Settings.

1. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.

Your Kindle Paperwhite will power off and power back on.

To use your Kindle Paperwhite again, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle

cvd4311 :

keep me posted. I have to run out real quick but will be back in 30 minutes. Is that okay?

cvd4311 :

The last resort is to factory reset your kindle and let it pick back up your updated broadband. if all else fails that usually fixes it.

Customer:

why both machines? if one went off I could understand but not when it is both

cvd4311 :

I am back online.

cvd4311 :

I has to do with your broadband update.

cvd4311 :

Just reset modem then turn both kindles off and turn back on for them to pick up any updates.

cvd4311 :

if that doesn't work then I would try to do one factory reset on either or of your kindles and see if that will come back.

cvd4311 :

the update is what is not letting you get anything from the amazon store.

cvd4311 :

so if you the reset didn't fix the wifi on both kindles then try one of the kindles for a factory reset.

cvd4311 :

did you reset your modem/router?

cvd4311 :

Are you still here? Did the resetting of your modem/router fix the wifi problem?

Customer:

sorry had to go.

Customer:

I have carried out your instructions and reset everything. now I have an empty kindle

cvd4311 :

Please do not rate POOR, it reflects on my scoring. All you have to do is to sync your kindle back up using a usb cord to your computer and amazon. You still have everything on your amazon account and once it is synced then you will have everything back on your kindle again.

cvd4311 :

Please do not RATE until we are completely finished. If you want to opt out so another expert can help you that is find but please do not rate.

cvd4311 :

Good morning. Just checking in to see if you have synced your Kindle back up to your amazon account. All of your items are still there and once synced they should come back on your Kindle. Also please check your wifi after syncing to see if you are still having the same problem.

Customer:

I can see everything is on my amazon account but it will not download. Have had success using 3G with my husbands kindle but not mine - no 3G. Amazon are trying for free! Internet provider is also trying - something has gone wrong. If not sorted by tonight I have requested fibre broadband removed because everything was fine , if a little slow, before upgrade.

Customer:

I don't rate you poor.

cvd4311 :

2/18/15 3:31 PM

Your customer rated: Poor service

That is what I have above. Maybe someone clicked on wrong button? Okay so you are reversing the broadband today and then downloading back again to your kindle am I correct?
cvd4311 :

You should have 3g on your kindle unless it is a space where you can't get 3g. Sometimes when I go to certain places it does that. But if you had 3g before the broadband upgrade you should still have it.

cvd4311 :

Every thing is still on amazon so it is easy to sync kindle to get everything back.

Customer:

if it is not sorted by tonight.

cvd4311 :

Okay did you ever reset your modem/router for your wifi?

Customer:

only one kindle has 3G but it is not convenient to use this.

Customer:

I have tried everything suggested still showing strong wi-fi but still not downloading

cvd4311 :

I understand, it is more convenient to use your wifi in house. If you have not reset modem/router, please do so and then hold kindle power button down for about 30 seconds and release so it can reset.

cvd4311 :

Did you try deleting amazon store app and then going back in and redownloading it?

Customer:

please believe me I have gone through all this several times.

cvd4311 :

even deleting amazon store and redownloading it?

cvd4311 :

it could be a blip in the app

cvd4311 :

after you upgraded your broadband

Customer:

how can I revoke the poor rating - you have done your best but I have had enough

cvd4311 :

The only way to revoke poor rating is to rate 3 or above and it will reverse the poor rating on the service.

cvd4311 :

And thank you.

cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience: I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.