Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Kindle Paperwhite which has completely frozen whilst

I have a Kindle Paperwhite which has completely frozen whilst unsuccessfully trying to automatically update its software. I cannot get it to do anything at all. It suggests I contact www.kindle.com/support but this site comes up as unavailable. Can you possibly help?
Sue
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Have done that! The orange charging light has now come on but I still cannot get the device to come on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Leave it charged for 10 minutes, then repeat again what we just did.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have repeated the steps as you asked but still no joy - charging light still on.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What a pain but thanks very much for trying Richard!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome and sorry but at least it is confirmed.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.