Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my kindle is displaying the empty battery - charge screen.

my kindle is displaying the empty battery - charge screen. its not taking charge and seems frozen. I have tried to turn it off by pressing the power button for 40 sec. nothing happens.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The procedure you need to do is remove the charger from the Kindle, then hold the power button to off for 60 seconds then releasel.
Then connect the charger, wait 10 minutes then try to turn it on.
Do it this way please and tell me if it now switches on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It flashed a couple of times with a blank screen then the charge symbol came on again. I have had it on charge overnight, the power light has remained amber.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Coral
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. We also know its not the battery else you get a red light.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.