Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my Samsung galaxy s2 GT i900 was dropped in water by accident,

my Samsung galaxy s2 GT i900 was dropped in water by accident, the phone was still working ie receiving texts and calls, but the day after the screen slowly started to disappear before I had chance to get everything of the phone. I have in the meantime brought a Samsung galaxy s5 but the shop only managed to transfer over the contacts. They suggested logging into my Samsung account to see if I get anything off the old phone ie my pictures which I thought had saved onto cloud.
your ideas and input would be most grateful, I don't really want the expense of fixing an old phone just to retrieve my photo's but I am desperate to know if they is any way of getting them off my old galaxy s2
many thanks for your help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We will see if the photos where saved online. But its not via the Samsung account but the Google account as that's what the phone is registered with.
Click on my link below
https://plus.google.com/
Sign in with the same Google Account you used on the phone and tell me if you see your photos there please,
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have logged onto my google account and I see no pictures!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you have dropbox the app installed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

I have just presumed everything had saved via cloud as it seemed to update regularly when I had wifi on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No its not, you need to install an app for this and I checked the two that you can use.
I am sorry but unless you can get the phones hardware repaired, which with this type of damage its unlikely, you wont be able to get the photos back sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you every so much, I was afraid you were going to come back with that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry, at least you know for sure its not possible, that is a positive I believe.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the rating