ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I cannot get into outlook express because a window entitled

I cannot get into outlook express because a window entitled dial-up connection appears saying that broadband connection cannot be made. I have never seen this before but it is that which stops me from getting onto my e-mails.o
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
ChrisC :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

ChrisC :

I have seen this issue several times before

ChrisC :

I can offer you two possible resolutions.

ChrisC :

There are several steps which I can walk you through

ChrisC :

Or if you are ok with me connecting remotely I can actually just resolve it for you. you can ofcourse observe and will be able to disconnect me at any time

ChrisC :

If me connecting remotely is ok, Ill just need you to a few quick things to let me in

ChrisC :

Here are the steps that should resolve it:

ChrisC :

1. Double-click the Outlook Express icon on the desktop, and then click Cancel when you are prompted to connect.

2. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

3. Click the Mail tab, click the account you want to modify (your email account), and then click Properties.

4. Click the Connection tab, and then click "Connect using Internet Explorer's or a 3rd party dialer."

5. Click OK, and then click Close.

ChrisC :

If you feel like you can get through those great! If not please reply to me and I can either provide clarification or can connect remotely!

ChrisC :

Just let me know by replying or as always please do remember to rate!

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.