John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Does aol have the facility to clear my compurter of unrequired

Customer Question

Does aol have the facility to clear my compurter of unrequired rubbish and improve its performance if I were to consent to a technician taking control? I have tried the advertised gumbos but to no avail. Advice welcomed!
P H Ackerley
*****@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir thank you for joining the chat.
Are you trying to remove unwanted programs and files from your PC to increase the system performance ?

JACUSTOMER-txwasg48- :

yes

John :

AOL has a system optimizing application called Computer Checkup and i believe you have already tried that ?

John :

I believe it didn't do any good for you am i correct?

JACUSTOMER-txwasg48- :

correct

John :

Most of the third party applications that says it will optimize the system wont do any good other than harm.

John :

Can you explain the performance issue you are facing ?

John :

For example is this performance issue happening during the system boot up or while opening any or some of the application or you are facing the slowness while browsing webpages?

JACUSTOMER-txwasg48- :

Slow start-up, general lack of response. During system boot and access to other applications

John :

how old is the PC ?

JACUSTOMER-txwasg48- :

Must be well over seven/eight years, maybe more.

John :

OK may i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

JACUSTOMER-txwasg48- :

That would be fine!

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4bdfa061-3267-4848-b56e-7ad7992e740c that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know.Do not close this main justanswer chat page.

John :

I haven't got access to your PC yet is there any problem opening the link i gave above and running it?

John :

It seems like i got disconnected during the restart or the system may be still on the restarting process?Please let me know when you are back online

John :

Sir i didn't get connected to your PC after the restart neither did i get any reply from you.I have to leave now because its getting late over here so could you please try to do the following when you are back online

1.Click on start>>>control panel>>>add or remove programs then try to remove unwanted or applications that you are not using anymore (If you are not sure about the application you want to remove let me know the name of the application and i will let you know whether you needed it or not)

2.Click on start>>>control panel>>>Internet options that will open internet properties window now click on delete under browsing history>>>select everything then click delete. Now click on security tab>>>then click on reset all zones to default level (if that option is enabled) >>>now click on advanced tab >>>click on restore advanced settings then click on apply. Now click reset then another window opens in that select the option delete personal settings…. Then click on reset

3.click on start>>>computer >>Right click on C drive>>>properties>>>disk clean-up>>>select all the options except compress old files and click OK

4.Install Ccleaner which i have saved in the desktop and open it then click on cleaner on the left side of Ccleaner then click on Run cleaner on the lower right bottom of the Ccleaner.Then click on registry then click on scan for issue and once it finishes the scan click on fix selected issues

5.Please click on this http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/ (Do not click on any other links in the web page the download will start shortly if not click on the Download Free Version . It’s a free anti-malware program just for scanning and removing malwares from the computer. It won’t work as real-time protection anti-virus) Download and install also update it then run a Threat scan which is under Scan. If it finds any threats click on view results and select Quarantine all if it asks to restart please do so.

6.Now run Adwcleaner i saved on the desktop and then click on scan once its scan is finished click on clean that will clean the adwares from the PC then will restart the PC please do so.

7.Once the PC is back after the restart Open my computer>>Right click on C drive>>>properties>>>in Tools tab click on check now then you will get another Window in that tick both options and click on start.it will ask to schedule the disk check-up in next restart click yes and restart while restarting don’t press any key because it will cancel the disk check-up process.

8.Once the disc check up is done see if it shows any disc errors and let me know after that Click start>>>All programs>>>Accessories>>>System tools>>>Click on disk defragmenter. Now click on C drive (that will highlight C drive) now click on Defragment disk

Once all the above instructions are done please check the system performance and please let me know the status