Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Sky + box not working. Will not switch on, no green light.

Sky + box not working. Will not switch on, no green light. Have switched sky off and unplugged but still not working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please>
1. First unplug the sky box from the mains
2. wait at least one minute.
3. As you plug the socket back in press the BACKUP button on the box at the same time (not on the remote) and hold it.
4. Wait until all the lights come on the front of the box. then release button
5. Wait a full 10 minutes or until the lights go out then switch on from the remote.
After about a minute of showing the message "SEARCHING FOR LISTINGS", it should come back on to full service. (do not skip the 10 minutes, you will see the message on your TV. (Do NOT do anything in between or else you will lose all your saved programmes and recordings)
Note: you may need to try the remote a couple of times at step 5. Be patient and wait at least the full 10 minutes even if the lights have gone out.
.
.
Try this option if the first option fails. You will lose all your saved programmes, recordings and data with this method. It also takes longer. So only use this as a last resort
1. Unplug the box from the mains plug for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Press and hold the buttons either side of the select button on your sky box while you plug the socket back into the mains.
After 20-30 seconds the light will change colour and you have to wait around 20 minutes till it goes back to red. Then press TV guide to see if it is working.
This resets all the hard drive settings and formats the sky box HDD and will almost always solve your problem.
.
.
.
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!