Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Kindle freezes but when I plug it in it shows that the battery

My Kindle freezes but when I plug it in it shows that the battery needs charging. It then only works for a short
while and freezes again, is this a battery problem only usually when it needs recharging it tells me.I have tried turning it off when it is charged again but when it freezes I can't do anything with it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The kindle came back on again but the battery sign has what looks like a lightning sign across it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Deanne
Give it 5 minutes on the charger, then repeat my last instructions and tell me if it still has this battery sign please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The battery sign is now ok but this happened when I turned off my kindle and charged it myself but after using it for about an hour it froze again. What do I do if this happens again because if I am on holiday on the beach I will not be able to charge it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If it happens again Deanne, it means the mainboard on the Kindle is faulting. The steps we just did may keep it working for a while, but if it keeps doing this, eventually it will not start.
But a lot of times it is just the firmware that was the issue, so this can resolve, you will just have to see if it continues.
If it does, you would need to get the Kindle replaced sorry (this you can't get repaired as it is more costly then a replacement kindle).
Just monitor how it goes, and see if it will need to be replaced.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help could I just ask you if the payment of £28 is a one off as I do not want to join the monthly memberships

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is only one off. You can join the monthly membership if you choose, but you need to actually sign up for that.
Else yes, it is just a one of payment.