Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have lost network connection to my kindle. I have tried

I have lost network connection to my kindle. I have tried typing in the password ***** thought it was and also tried several others, but still cannot connect. Is it possible to reset the password?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We have a number of ways to get the password.
Do you have a windows computer already connected to the wireless network, and which version of windows is it running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have a windows computer and it is connected to the wireless network. I believe it is running windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Catherine, we can get the password ***** the computer to use on the Kindle.
Do the following please on the computer
Click Start and type in
wireless networks
press enter
Right click on your wireless network and select Properties
Click on Security
Click in the Box Show Characters and you will see your wireless password *****
Make sure please you are entering it exactly as it is displayed
eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard I have typed in wireless networks and a message keeps coming up that windows can't find it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will be typing it in the wrong place or you don't have windows 7.
We have to try another way then.
Do you have a BT Hub?
If not, what is the make and model of the wifi router you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Richard my hubbie has just informed me we have windows 8 - I expect this will make a difference!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes it does
Press the windows key + R and type in
ncpa.cpl
press enter
right click on wireless connection and select connect
right click on your wireless network and select properties.
Click on the security tab
Then click on Show Characters and you will then see the password ***** use for the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were able to enter ncpa.cpl but could not find anything to do with wireless connection - sorry we aren't very good with computers etc (our age!)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I dont think then this computer is connected via wireless.
Do you have a BT Hub that provides the wireless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry no we haven't

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What is the make and model of your wireless router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hope the following is correct:

sagemcom

Skyebroadband

SKYE4507

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?
It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do and I can just get the password ***** you
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard would you believe it - my husband has just manged to reconnect by using the password ***** was on the router.

Thank you so much for your help and patience. Looks like we are feeling right idiots but perhaps we are excused as we are both over 65!!!!

Of course if we had not solved the problem we would have done the above.

Thank you once again you were brilliant - have a good day