John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

When I get documents emailed to me when I go to print them

When I get documents emailed to me when I go to print them my computer saves them to downloads and then says I can not print them as They may be damaged or it is not a supported file. I have adobe on my computer and I can print them from other computers. Why is this?
Many Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with printing. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am do you have any other web browsers like Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox?

John :

How do you open this email and download attachment usually, is it using any email client like Microsoft Outlook, windows live mail etc. Or using Google Chrome etc.

Customer:

I use google chrome

John :

Thank you for the details

John :

When did this problem started ?

John :

Were you able to print downloaded attachments before?

Customer:

I had a new computer about this time last year, I can't remember if I started having problems then or if it was later it has certainly been 6 months or so,

John :

Also when you tried to print from another computer did it print successfully?

Customer:

yes

John :

Are you currently chatting to me from the PC that you cannot print the downloaded document ?

Customer:

Yes

John :

OK

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer:

Yes that would be fine but I am going to have to go out shortly.

John :

how much time do you have before you leave?

Customer:

Only about 10 minutes, sorry

John :

When will you be back?

Customer:

Not until tomorrow

John :

Can you try to download the attachment using Internet explorer and print it

John :

If that fails then disable anti-virus and try again to print

John :

did you try and what is the status?

Customer:

yes and it does the same as before

John :

Then i need to do remote access and check the issue and i believe you are about to leave now ?

Customer:

Yes I am sorry can I contact you in the morning. I was just playing about on the computer to see if I could find an answer I didn't quite realise what I was getting in to.

John :

No worries we can continue this tomorrow same time is that OK with you ?

Customer:

yes that's fine

John :

Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page in case you need to restart the PC or you have accidently closed this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Customer:

Ok Many Thanks

John :

When you are back online tomorrow post a message in this chat page and we can continue

John :

Hello again i am online now,Are you ready to continue ?

Customer:

John :

Customer:

Are you still there I just need to send a quick email than I can be with You

John :

yes i am here

John :

ok let me know once you had send the email

John :

Then we can start.is that what you meant?

Customer:

yes I am here now

John :

Good

John :

shall i give you the remote access link

Customer:

Yes Please

John :

i believe you are on the problematic PC

Customer:

That's right

John :

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3921b6d2-4022-4cbf-93a4-109ca109db85 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know.Do not close this main justanswer chat page.

Customer:

Am doing that now

John :

Thanks and will let you know once i am connected to your PC

John :

I haven't got the access to your PC yet,Is there any problem running/connecting it?

Customer:

I have clicked download again think it might be there now

Customer:

Ok it is downloading it now

John :

once downloaded the file you need to run it

John :

Its a small file so it wont take more than couple of seconds

Customer:

I am running it now the run screen did not come up before

John :

OH OK

John :

Is it still running it ?

Customer:

I think it is finished are you still not able to connect?

John :

Yes thank you i am connected now.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.