Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My Kindle Fire will not charge up. Please sort me out. It was

My Kindle Fire will not charge up. Please sort me out. It was only purchased last year so I presume it is still under guarantee.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Please note this is not Amazon although I work in Kindes we are not affiliated with them in any way, what happens when you try to charge it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

icon showing battery with red line at the top.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Have you tried a different cable yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok when you did that did you use a different outlet as well? When last year did you buy it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried different outlets. Purchased product mid March 2014

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK have you already contacted Amazons warranty support? Since it is under a year old it should be covered. What you are describing normally means the battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your advice. Could you give me some idea how much about it would cost to have the battery replaced and which repairer do I need?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That depends on the model, on the back there is a tiny hard to read model number. What is that number?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unable to read number but thankyou for your help anyhow

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok well depending on that usually you can get the battery for around £20 or less on eBay and you could replace it yourself here is a video of what I think may be your model: Click Here If you have a technician do it the price would be an hours labour + the cost of the part. Labour is normally around £50. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
.