Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

My kindle White is out of order. Having spoken to a member

My kindle White is out of order. Having spoken to a member of the team I was advised to buy refurbished one for£69 but also need to send back my broken one. Would I be better buying brand new one at £109 and holding on to broken one. Regards Maureen
p
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Will you be able to utilize the broken Kindle at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Probably not but I feel if I return it the company will refurbish it and then sell it on, which does not seem fair to me.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Yes, your exactly right they will probably refurbish depending on the issue. However that is the reason you are given a discounted rate. Which I would advise to take advantage of unless you feel you can still use the broken Kindle. If not is it pretty much a paperweight.

You can easily transfer all the items on your new Kindle once you receive it. Connect to WiFi then enter your Amazon account details and your books will be accessible from the archive/cloud section.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Really what I want to say is I am getting refurbished one for £69 and brand new one is £109. When they refurbish old one they will sell it on for an amount of money so at end of day they are gaining money.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Understandable, this is how most companies offer devices to customers as a discounted rate. You not have have to take advantage of it, but if you want a completely new device with 1-year warranty. Then yes a new device would be the way to go.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be glad to answer them.