John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have uploaded video from a panasonic sdr-h100 onto a Lenovo

Customer Question

I have uploaded video from a panasonic sdr-h100 onto a Lenovo desktop running Windows 8 using the supplied VideoCam suite 3.5, but can neither play back nor edit the clips. I get an error message telling me the file may be corrupted. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with playing the video from the camera. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am do you know the file type of the video file like avi,mpeg etc
Do you have any other video stored in the camera and can you play that on the same lenovo desktop?

John :

Sir/Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.could you please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Note: - Type your message in the chat box below then press enter to send it or click on reply to send it so that I can see your reply

JACUSTOMER-oomzvxro- :

The file is mpeg. I've deleted all other video files from the camera hard drive.

John :

In the past were you able to play the videos transferred from the camera on this Lenovo PC?

John :

Also what is the size of the file you were trying to play?

JACUSTOMER-oomzvxro- :

I have successfully transferred from this camera onto my previous computer and from other devices onto this computer, but these are the first files from this camera to this computer.

John :

OH OK thanks for the details.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

JACUSTOMER-oomzvxro- :

OK

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the remote access.

John :

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=70b1bde0-259c-4f93-a5c0-73865876e7c1 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know.Do not close this main justanswer chat page.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John I was very disappointed to find that though the new codec protocol you loaded sorts out my video problem on windows mediaplayer, the problem persists when I transfer files into Moviemaker to edit them. Can we deal with this, please? David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Sir,

I am sorry to hear that you still have problem with camera video could you please explain the situation.I apologize for the delay in getting back to you we had a power failure over here.

Sincerely,

John

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John

The video now plays well on mediaplayer, but I need to edit the clips on moviemaker. When I import them into this, they do nor play - there is a blank screen. I'm guessing the codec procedure you downloaded for me needs to be applied to moviemaker specifically.

David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John

David

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't actually apply to Movie makers but let me check it.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=bc08feea-cba0-443a-ae94-9c2f1b43bfdf that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this justanswer chat page.