Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have been locked out of my desktop computer because someone

I have been locked out of my desktop computer because someone has changed my password. My emachine is 6260 and I would be very grateful if you could help me change my password ***** access my computer again.
I look forward to hearing from you. My telephone number is ***** 742217.
Thanks in advance.
Bernadette McQuin
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To be sure, this is the password ***** the windows XP Login screen?
You see this as soon as you turn on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Normally I don't need a passport to get to AOL's home page just to get on to my email. At the moment I can't get on to anything except the password ***** box. It's been a long time since I set this computer up and I think my original password ***** RedCloud. My current password ***** *****

Hope this helps!

Bernadette

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so Bernadette, you are referring to the password ***** to sign onto your AOL email account correct? Sorry I just need to be clear on this.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard it is my desktop computer that I need the password ***** access changed not the laptop I am using at the moment.

Will the above work if I can't get past the password ***** to get online?

Bernadette

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to do the steps on the desktop computer, are you able to Bernadette?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I am not able to do anything except access the password ***** on the desktop. I was going to take it in to a computer shop I know but I thought going to the emachines website might come up with a password ***** would bypass the one that has been blocked. I was given to understand this was possible.

It seems that is not possible.

Thanks anyway!

Bernadette

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I can't do anything other than access the password ***** on the desktop and it won't accept my password ***** I am completely locked out! I thought you might be able to give me a code or password ***** bypass the blocked one but it seems that is not the case. I was going to take it to a computer shop I know but I thought this would be quicker and save me the trouble of unplugging all the cables but unfortunately this is not the case!

Bernadette

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, there are no passwords Bernadette, else the security would be compromised.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks anyway Richard.

Bernadette