Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cannot open my kindle. When I switch on it shows a picture

I cannot open my kindle. When I switch on it shows a picture of a tree and reader and appears to try and load but gets to about 95% then freezes.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Seems so far to have solved the problem. The Kindle has now opened and is working normally. Anything I should do to prevent a recurrence?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok nothing you can do to prevent this Chris, the Kindle can suffer this (all do).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.