John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

just had a programme, anti virus installed by Global Cubes

just had a programme, anti virus installed by Global Cubes and Quick PC solutions. Icons are on screen. Paid by cheque which I have to check has been cleared. programme installed remotely. Do you know this company?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.

John :

Please give me a moment to check about the companies you mentioned

John :

Did Global Cubes call you or did you call them for tech support?

Customer:

called me

John :

Did they say that your PC have some errors and they can fix it ?

Customer:

said computer had virus attacks which they could clear by remote access which took 45 mins. at conclussion icons appeared and method of payment arranged.

John :

Well most of the scams starts with calling you and mentioning your PC have errors or infected with viruses but the companies you mentioned in the question Global Cubes and Quick PC solutions are not listed in any sort of scam reports.Are you sure the person who called you is from Global Cubes or Quick PC solution support or did they mention any other company name

John :

i am asking these questions to make sure whether this is a scam or not

Customer:

No other company names mentioned. Address for cheque posting was PO Box1372 Bradford BD55ES. gave me ref. no. Global support gave

Customer:

No other name. PO box in Bradford to post cheque to. Global Cubes appear to have wesite and gave me phone number user name an d password.

John :

I checked the site is this the one they gave you http://www.globalcubes.com/index.html

Customer:

they did not give it me . checked Google myself

John :

how much did they charge you?

Customer:

£166 for 9 year coverage

John :

OK so it was subscription charge and for a long time.well i checked both sites and cannot find any scam reports.
Did your pc had any issues before they contacted you like performance issues or errors ?
Which anti-virus is installed in the PC?

Customer:

only slow performance but at end of line here. Do you mean which anti virus did they apparently install?

John :

yes which anti-virus installed by them and before that do you have any anti-virus installed ?
I just global cubes subscription plans and found out that they don't have a 9 year plan.The plans they have is showed in this link http://www.globalcubes.com/plans.html

John :

According to their site the 199$ plan is for one year

Customer:

its called Anti Malware Malware on icon and has a brush cleaner icon as well which acan be used by me twice a month to sweep system

John :

OK i believe one is called malwarebytes anti-malware and other is a system junk file cleaner called Ccleaner

John :

Both of the above programs i mentioned are safe to use so no need to worry about it

Customer:

probably correct. for info name of ***** ***** at Cardiff given to me from Global support *********** Not got through there yet.

John :

The number you gave is blocked in this page due to security/privacy reasons but that is OK
Like i said before both Global Cubes and Quick PC solutions seems to genuine but to be sure i suggest you contact them and make sure whether it was there representative that contacted you.

John :

I will give you a email link that will allow you contact them

Customer:

John :

This link has that contact info http://www.globalcubes.com/contact.html The reason why i want you to contact them is that sometimes scammers uses other company names.

John :

Also in future avoid such calls most of them are scams

John :

If you want to report a scam in future use this link https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-emails-websites-phishing

Customer:

Thanks for advice and help anything further. can contact yOU again if need be/

John :

Sure you can use this link http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

John :

Is there anything else you like to know?

John :

If you do not have any further questions and you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it. Have a Great God blessed Day

Customer:

vERY GRATEFUL To you. t!!. completing rating nowhats all.bit of a worry