ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

Following my most recent question about watching content from

Customer Question

Following my most recent question about watching content from my lap-top (PC) on my Smart television via Apple TV, the answer provided only shows me how to watch content held in iTunes. What I actually want to do is to have the monitor of my laptop replicated on the Television (and the sound also, of course).
Can you please assist?
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
ChrisC :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

ChrisC :

The way you would actually accomplish this is going to be actually to circumvent the Apple TV all together.

ChrisC :

If you want video and sound you'll need a laptop with an HDMI port. Most new laptops have this

ChrisC :

For reference here is what that port would look like (click here)

ChrisC :

You then run an HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV

ChrisC :

You just need the cable. Here is an example of one you could purchase (Click Here)

ChrisC :

Thats all you need! Unfortunately you cant do this through the Apple TV wirelessly. It doesnt have that functionality (yet)

ChrisC :

I hope this helps!

ChrisC :

Let me know if you need anything else!

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I connected the HD cable from my computer to my TV.

What do I do next to see and hear what is on my computer on my TV?