Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a column of generated date in the format of 23/05/15

Customer Question

I have a column of generated date in the format of 23/05/15 relating to the full year and against the dates are various cash amounts. I want to sort them onto another sheet into monthly columns with the cash values in their respective Monthly column.
I have changed the dates into a number and used the following but with result but zero =SUMIF('Maintenance Report'!D26,">=42156,<=42185",J27)
The above relates to a maintenance report for June 1st to 30th the value in cash shown in J27 of the report.
Hope you can assist
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can i look at your file please as this will be easier to see what is happening.
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I have downloaded the file and sent an email to Richard but have not yet received an answer.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question

would it be possible to send an example sheet

send to www.sendspace.com

after uploading they give you a download link

paste that link here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i have the workbook.

Not following which range you are trying to sum. I understand you want to sum all values in a specific range that fall between 2 specific dates.

Which sheet and range contain the dates,

and which sheets and range contain the $ values that you want to sum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank ou for coming back to me so soon.

The information comes in via sheet one Maintenance report and sheet two Quote Report and I am trying to basically do the same formula and data translation so it appears in Month order on sheet three "Cash Project Forecast.

Sheet four is only what I have created in order to try and solve the problem and put a numerical value against a date.

Now starting with Sheet 1 line two - "column C" contains the date I am interested in but it can be any day in any month and the report is unfiltered. The Value of the job is shown in "column J"

What I am trying to do is that when the report is dropped in on sheet one I would like Excel to decide that the dates in Column C on each line are within a particular month and then insert the value shown on Sheet One Column C onto sheet 3 under the correct month with the correct value.

EG.

1.Sheet1:Line2 :Column C, Response In - Sheet3:Line7:Column M, Value Inserted £4000

2.Sheet1:Line3 :Column C, Response In - Sheet3:Line8:Column O

Value Inserted £8500

3.Sheet1:Line4 :Column C, Response In - Sheet3:Line9:Column K

Value Inserted £1050

Hope this assists

Dave Brock

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

EG.

Value Inserted £8500

Value Inserted £1050

Hope this assists

Dave Brock

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank ou for coming back to me so soon.

EG.

Value Inserted £8500

Value Inserted £1050

Hope this assists

Dave Brock

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i think I got you.

So if there is more than one value in one month, they should be added and displayed in the appropriate cell,

There is a formula that will do this, but it will not be able to skip rows. In other words all of the results would be in the same row on sheet, 3, all in row 7 for example.

If you want to skip rows for each value, then it will need a macro, which I can create for you.

The other option is to use a Pivot Table, and if you are not sure what that is I can create one for you. A pivot table basically makes a nice neet table in a separate sheet that can summarize data like this.

Let me know what you decide to do and I will provide a solution