ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I have trouble downloading updates to windows 8.1 and they

I have trouble downloading updates to windows 8.1 and they fail to update.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
ChrisC :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

ChrisC :

Could you tell me if there is a specific error message or code you are getting when you try to download the updates?

ChrisC :

Just reply back to me and let me know!

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Various error codes including:-

Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3032622)

Installation date: ‎07/‎03/‎2015 00:40

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code C0000005

Update type: Important

If you use Visual Studio 2012 RTM product to build C++ apps and use certain functionality from the C++ Standard Template Library in your projects, then you might run into a runtime failure similar to the following:

"The procedure entry point_ crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR110.dll"

This was caused due to certain missing function exports in the runtime DLL msvcr110.dll that shipped with VS2012 RTM. This problem was eventually fixed in Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. This article ensures that the correct runtime DLLs are provided to all users who had previously installed the faulty DLLs from Visual Studio 2012 RTM

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525548

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

just one of many fails

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get the following fail code as well as others:-

Installation date: ‎07/‎03/‎2015 00:40

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code C0000005

Update type: Important

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

As I said this is one of about 8 error messages.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have various fail messages that shows in the history update.

Everytime I do up dates it then says unable to update undoing.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Ok Great.
It looks like you are specifically having issues with Visual C++.
Lets try manually installing a newer version.
Click Here and then click download and run this file to install

Alternatively if you would like me to perhaps remote in and solve this issue for you, just click below:

Click Here for remote only