Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have lost sound. How can I get it back.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

what is the make and model number of the computer you have a problem with the sound

JACUSTOMER-fgvt73n7- :

The problem is with my Television set. It is a Panasonic TH-37PE30 operating through TalkTalk Youview +.

Michelle :

you have posted your question in computer category however you didnt mention your make and model earloer

Michelle :

earlier

Michelle :

not a problem i will help you with your tv as i am also a tv expert

Michelle :

have you tried to reset the unit to factory settings?

JACUSTOMER-fgvt73n7- :

I don't know how to do this.

Michelle :

i will give you the steps please give me few mins

Michelle :

i am pulling the manual for this

Michelle :
Press the MODE button to select DVB or Analogue mode.

Press the MENU button.

Move to choose Sound menu.

Access Sound menu.

Move to choose menu option.

Adjust chosen option or access chosen menu.

Press the EXIT button at any time to go back to watching TV
Michelle :

let me know after you try the steps.

JACUSTOMER-fgvt73n7- :

I can not find an exit button on the Youviewtv+ remote control. I have tried to use the exit button on the normal remote control but this does not give any action.

Michelle :

unplug the power cable from the wall and let the tv sit for 3 mins

Michelle :

power it back on and use the volume button and let me know if it works

JACUSTOMER-fgvt73n7- :

I've done that. I increased the volume and the indicator showed that the sound should have increased but still no sound. I have VERY limited knowledge on audio/visual technology.

Michelle :

there is nothing much we can do however we can only identify the cause and then we can device up a fix.

Michelle :

if you have followed the steps then i would suggest the speaker is bad or may be the connection to the speaker has come out or disconnected.

Michelle :

if the tv is under warranty then i would suggest you to call up panasonic and if its not then you would need a repair technician to open the unit and check the sound section and speakers.

Michelle :

if you have an external headphone jack try connecting the heaphone and listen to it and that will let us know what is bad the spearker of the tv or the sound system circuit.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

JACUSTOMER-fgvt73n7- :

Michelle thanks for your help. There is no sound. I will contact TalkTalk to see if they can help by other means.