Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just received a replacement charger Fire HD -

I have just received a replacement charger for my Fire HD - amazingly fast delivery.
However my kindle is still not charging. Am I right in thinking that the USB slot
in the main body is at fault? ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and tell me if it now charges.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed your instructions but it shows 7% and I keep getting message that I need to charge the

battery.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now we have done this, lave the charger connected, make sure it is plugged into a different power socket to be sure that works, and tell me if it increases to 8% after 10 minutes please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is now down to 4%.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you are using the original charger correct?
And have you tried another charger?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried the original charger and the new charger.

It is as if the usb slot in the fire is faulty? I apologise for the delayed answers - am in my eighties and not very used to this,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its no problem at all.
It is either the slot or the battery in the Kindle that is faulty. Likely the USB slot.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.