Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

good afternoon i have a kindle touch 3g i went in to buy a

Customer Question

good afternoon i have a kindle touch 3g i went in to buy a book on monday but when i did it came up credit expiry had run out went into amazon on tuesday and changed details and ordered the book on line when i went to down load it said my kindle was not registered and when i checked kindle card details had not updated can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and check if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the kindle has now gone to usb drive mode but nothing else

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it connected to your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was but it told me to disconnect it i have done so and tried the kindle but still comes up with card expiry date is out so no change in set up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you need to update the credit card on the computer
To renew this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.
To do this, please do the below steps.
Visit the page for your account - click here to go to this page
- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)
On the right side select "Settings"
Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)
Click 'Edit Payment Method'
Change your credit card details.
Restart your Kindle and sync it.
It will then be updated
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

id 843 898 285

password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is blocking my connection iain as you have an unlicenced version
Did you already have teamviewer installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

bit thick richard not to my knowledge my wife dealt with computer not that well up on it i am affraid

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok,
Can you restart the computer Iain
then run Team viewer again and give me the new password ***** connect please.