Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Can i make a K830 keyboard bluetooth with a dongle? l am using

Can i make a K830 keyboard bluetooth with a dongle? l am using it with a Samsung ue40h6240 smart 3D television which is bluetooth. Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No, you have to use this keyboard for this TV
click me to view
This keyboard is designed to work wirelessly with your Smart TV
The one you have is designed for a windows computer that is displaying on a TV, not to the TV directly.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Logitech claim new K830 suited to smart tv. Samsung claim happy to talk to bluetooth keyboards. Question was will k830 become bluetooth with dongle? It only has one usb socket which is used for charging.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, as it has no driver for this Clive, this is what I indicated before. It uses its own signal.