Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Good afternoon,I have been unable to access my mail at

Good afternoon, I have been unable to access my mail at *****@******.*** for nearly a week. I have sent 3 messages via your web site but no response. Though I have been through the "recover password" procedure many time this simply does not work - just goes around in circles. Help please! Best wishes XXXX XXXXX XXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
For your privacy Peter, they block email addresses here
Can you tell me please ONLY the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

aim.com

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter,
What fails when you attempt to reset your password?
What exactly happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

message "password *****".

I have been through the "recover password" procedure many time but this simply does not work - just goes around in circles.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I saw that Peter from your message, but I need more detail on this.
What exactly happens during the password ***** procedure?
I need to know in detail to help you please.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going through this - reply shortly

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Error: Incorrect Screen Name or Password.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
But its the password ***** procedure I am referring to Peter.
"I have been through the "recover password" procedure many time but this simply does not work - just goes around in circles."
Exactly what happens when you attempt to reset the password?
I need details on this please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This takes me to another page where I have to re-enter user name and a security check, then on to a further page which states that a reset message will be sent to my gmail account. I have been through this many times and reset password. However when I try to enter new password ***** aol this returns to the "error" page.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
So it does say it succesfully resetted the password?
What is the part before and after the @ symbol?
Dont tell me the @ just the part before and after so it is not blocked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - "good to go", but it is NOT.

before @ is "cox", after is "aim.com"

How is it that I was put through to you when my question was placed on the AOL site?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
this is Just answer, AOL does not provider support.
I dont know how you came here, but we are not AOL
Do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES, if you can help.

I am still puzzled about the connection with AOL!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
oik, the account has been suspended Peter.
Is it a free account? or a paid service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a free account. I had a paid AOL service for many years (different address) but cancelled as I was paying for a UK server and I am in Italy.

Main problem is if account has been suspended how do I get it back? My business is run thru this address.

AOL give a free UK helpline but no number that can be dialled from abroad - useless!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The phone number wont work as its for paid members.
Your not going to be able to do anything Peter but create a new account. This is the problem with using a free email service, and especially AOL, as there is no support for this when you do not pay for it.
They may re-open the account in 48 hours, but if you have not been able to reset the password, then your looking at the need to create a new email address and I would strongly advise you get a professional service, one with your own domain name such as Go Daddy www.godaddy.com
then its not possible to get into this situation
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry