Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I think my youview remote control is faulty reasons.

Customer Question

I think my youview remote control is faulty for two reasons. 1 I cant operate my YOUVIEW without first using my Samsung remote to turn on first. I'm unable to deactivate my mute on the TV which I seem to have turned on by accident.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please run through the following checks in turn. After each step, you should check your remote control to see if it's working.

If you have a PVR button on your remote, like in the image below, you might think that your remote control isn’t working. Your remote could be in the wrong mode. Press the PVR button next to the TV button to get it working again.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

If you're still having the same problems:

1. Check the remote is working properly:

• Do other buttons work on the remote control?

• Does the light flash on the remote control when buttons are pressed?

2. Check your batteries

3. Restart your BT TV box by switching it off and on at the mains. Once fully restarted, check if it's fixed your problem

4. Factory reset the remote control. Once completed, check if the reset has fixed your problem

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] How to reset your remote control

5. Does the light flash on your remote when buttons are pressed now? If not,

Michelle :

YouView remote control buttons

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

The remote will change the channels but it will not de- activate the mute function

Michelle :

try to reset the remote i have given you the reset link on step 4

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

I don't understand the process of stage 4. How do I do it?

Michelle :

click here

Michelle :

let me know as the page opens

Michelle :

as he page opens click on the Remote control resets for the YouView+ box button

Michelle :

you will see the reset steps identify your remote and follow the reset steps.

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

I have followed your instructions to no avail

Michelle :

if the reset process was followed and the keys are not functioning that means your remote is bad you would either need a new one or if its under warranty you can get it replaced.

Michelle :

Remote controls dont come with replaceable parts so it needs a replacement.

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

The problem remains unsolved

Michelle :

There are no option left after trying the reset process if this has been a computer or a printer we can get parts replaced however in a remote control its has a single pcb board which has embedded electronic which is not repairable is like you have to dispose off and get a new one.

Michelle :

i have provided you professional and truthful information.

Michelle :

price of a new remote is

Price:£24.89
Michelle :

let me know the correct model number i can give you the correct link where you can order one online.

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

I have turned off and on again at the mains and the problem remains unsolved. I see no button on my remote control marked reset

Michelle :

i am sorry but there is no reset button on the remote

Michelle :

you will have to press a combination of keys to get it reset

Michelle :

i asked you to open the link and select the correct remote model and follow the reset step.

Michelle :

is this the model you have

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]29.41176470588235[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
Michelle :

YouView remote control
Michelle :

YouView remote control

Michelle :

YouView remote control

Michelle :

let me know which one you have

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

my remote control is none of the three shown. It is Rectangular and measures 21.5 x 5 cm.

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

As you left me for a long period with no reply, I do not expect to be charged for this service and will have to seek advice elsewhere unless a answer is soon provided.

Michelle :

turn it upside down and let me know if you see any model number or as sticker shows the model number

Michelle :

if no then you can take a picture using your phone and post it here

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

It has no model number anywhere. It just has the name youview at the bottom below the buttons. When I by-pass the youview equipment entirely everything works fine. I think the fault is with the youview equipment, either the box or control. I have informed talktalk of this and AWAIT THEIR RESPONSE meanwhile I'm just using the tv without youview.

JACUSTOMER-vesq5634- :

the fault must be with the you view equipment. my youview control has no model number anywhere. I have informed talktalk that my youview equipment is faulty and await their reply.

Michelle :

Try the reset steps one more time ther are 2 sets of steps to follow and if the remote still doesnt work then you will have to have to call talktalk they will send you a new remote.

Michelle :

Reset steps A

Michelle :

1. Press and hold the AD, SUB and BT Player buttons at the same time for five seconds

2. The blue light will flash three times. Release the buttons and the light will blink three times again

Michelle :

Reset step B

Michelle :

1. Press and hold the TV and RED coloured button (not the record button) at the same time for five seconds

2. The ‘TV’ and ‘PVR’ buttons flash red three times