John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I purchased a new laptop yesterday and put my password ***** it,

I purchased a new laptop yesterday and put my password ***** it, but I must have hit a wrong key somewhere because when I tried to get back into the computer it just keeps telling me Wrong username or password. I'm stuck can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your laptop. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.

John :

Is this laptop loaded with windows 7 when you purchased ?

Customer:

Yes

John :

OK thank you for confirming it.
Like you mentioned in the question that you have tried all the combination of passwords,have you tried password ***** and without caps lock on and off?

Customer:

Yes

John :

OK in that case the best option is to restore the laptop to factory settings which will erase the data on the system and re-installs windows and applications that came with the laptop just like brand new.shall we do that?

Customer:

Yes Ok

John :

Before we start that process can you please let me know the make and full model of the laptop?

Customer:

hp Business Notebook

John :

Sir/Ma'am i need to know the full model which you can find on the bottom of the laptop?

Customer:

F0Z57EA#ABU Product code

John :

That is not exactly what i am looking for but using that product info i found a model see if you can find HP 255 G2 written anywhere on the laptop?

Customer:

I cannot find anything like that at all

John :

OK its the windows 7 login password ***** lost am i correct?

Customer:

Yes I have found on my receipt HP255

John :

Good.please disconnect all external devices like usb external hard drive etc

John :

also make sure the laptop is connected to power adapter

John :

You can connect and use the external mouse if you want

Customer:

OK The only thing connected is the mains power lead

John :

Good.now turn off the laptop

Customer:

It is off

John :

Now Press and hold f11 as you press the power button to turn on the laptop

John :

If you hear a long beep sound release the F11 key

John :

let me know whether you get a option to choose keyboard layout

Customer:

OK

John :

did you get the screen i mentioned above?

Customer:

It has come up in recovery manager

John :

Good can you see a troubleshoot option in it?

Customer:

No but it does have systems recovery to an earlier date or original factory settings

John :

OK good now select original factory settings and let me know what it shows after that?

John :

did it start the process ?

Customer:

It asked if I want to back up files

John :

I believe you do not have anything to back up as it is a new laptop which you purchased yesterday?

John :

Are you doing the back up or is it currently restoring to factory settings process?

Customer:

All I have is the office program that I installed.

John :

That you cannot back up and restore,You need to re-install it again after this restoring to factory settings process is done.

John :

Do you have the disc to re-install office ?

John :

Also did the restoring process start?

Customer:

yes it is all happening

John :

Good the entire restoring process will take sometime so make sure the power adapter is on

John :

during the end of the process will ask you to create a user name and password ***** create a new one and note it down so you wont loose it.

Customer:

Yes it is all connected to the mains. I see what you mean about it will take sometime it is on just 12% at the moment.

Customer:

Thank you very much.

John :

You are welcome,I will be here until the process is finished and you have access to the desktop.If you have any doubts please don't hesitate to ask also in the mean time please post the progress of the process

Customer:

We are now up to 31%

John :

Good and thank you for letting me know.During the process the system will restart couple of times no need to worry its normal.

Customer:

we are up to 50%

John :

Good

Customer:

we are at 63%

John :

Good to know.

Customer:

80% now

John :

Good and thank you for letting me know.did you had any anti-virus installed in the laptop?

Customer:

No I had not got round to it yet I have an account with Norton so I will delete old computer and put this one on.

John :

That will be good.

Customer:

90%

John :

Good

Customer:

Right we are at 100% and just waiting for it to do what ever it has to do

John :

I believe its installing the additional applications that came with the laptop now.

Customer:

Ok it is just starting up now. Setup is starting services

John :

Good did it asks you to enter user name and password ?

John :

What is the status now?

Customer:

Ok I am back in the computer and it is all up and running. Many thanks

John :

You are welcome and Glad to know that.is there anything else you like to know ?

Customer:

No I think that will be all for now. If I get any further problems I will get back to you

John :

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/