Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

my kindle paper white won't switch on where can i send it to

my kindle paper white won't switch on where can i send it to get it fixed?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified Kindle professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is usually caused by a glitch in the software and the kindle needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot >
Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have just tried what you have suggested but it has made no difference...the Kindle still doesn't power up :(

Your welcome, I am glad to help. try this next please. Connect the kindle to the charger, then charge for 15 minutes. Then while it is still connected to the charger hold the power switch for 45 seconds. Let me know if this still does not work and I will get you the info for returning the kindle for repair or replacement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, I have tried charging it as you suggested then holding the power switch, but the it still doesn't want to power up, if it is sent for repair, what will happen to the books I already have on the Kindle? will they be lost?

no, you will not lose anything. You can also read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.
Your Kindle e-reader is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty.Freephone (within the UK): 0800(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And if it's older than a year? still the same number? & possible charges?

Yes, use that same number, if the cost to repair is too much then Amazon will recommend and sell you a refurbished kindle which is a good value.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much, you have been a great help

Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!