Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a Kindle paperwhite which appeared to lock itself on

I have a Kindle paperwhite which appeared to lock itself on the home page and now will not switch on at all. A small rotating icon appeared in the top corner of the screen and is still there but now motionless.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified Kindle professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is usually caused by a glitch in the software and the kindle needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot >
Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did not work

try this next please. Connect the kindle to the charger, then charge for 15 minutes. Then while it is still connected to the charger hold the power switch for 45 seconds. Let me know if this still does not work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still does not work

okay, try this next please>
Connect one end of the USB cable to computer and leave the other end disconnected for now.
Hold the Power button on the kindle for 20 seconds.
After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle. Then release the power button.
Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for 45 seconds).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is still refusing to work

Okay, I am sorry about this, this sounds like it must be a hardware issue since we have ruled out the possibility of a firmware issue by (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.If your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.If your Kindle is out of warranty, if the cost to repair is too much then Amazon will recommend and sell you a refurbished kindle which is a good value, sometimes Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.You can also read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. Your Kindle e-reader is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty.Freephone (within the UK): 0800(###) ###-####here is also an option that Amazon calls you. Please follow the steps below:1. Go to the page below - >>>>>Then Log in using your Amazon account information. Select Kindle > Kindle Device (or Troubleshooting my Kindle) > Problem with my Kindle > My Kindle is damaged or Kindle is frozen/unresponsiveClick Phone - Call us Enter your number and choice "Call me now"