Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

A have a Sony Video Camera HDR-PJ810E and I am having no success

A have a Sony Video Camera HDR-PJ810E and I am having no success in transferring captured video to my computer.
I have placed the memory card into the computer and have been able to download the video by using Nero and I have saved the programme, but when I try to open it into my editing programme CoralVideo Studio X5 it does not recognise it.
I have downloaded you Play memories Home and used the Usb cable again with no success as I get amessage saying that the programme is upgrading but this goes on forever well past 100%.
I have installed my wifi information into the camera successfully but again no images are transferred.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me what file format your video files are now in please? That your trying to import in Corel Video Studio?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AVCHDformat Ver 2.0 compatible

Video MPEG-4 AVC/H.264

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Convert it to an AVI file and it should then be recognised.
If you do not have a program to do this, you can use this program here
Click me to view
Once converted, import the AVI file into CoralVideo and it should now import correctly.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please